To begin with, you might be already aware that, there are many exams which are present to get admission to the top B-schools. Then, to pursue an MBA, writing the entrance exam is essential. You have exams like CAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, etc. All these exams come with their own method. In this article, we are going to talk about the NMAT exam. We are mainly focussing on the NMAT Exam Pattern. So, we have added the details such as NMAT paper pattern, total marks. Also, NMAT marking scheme including NMAT negative marking. If you are reading this article, probably you are planning to write the NMAT exam. Then, in case of finding difficulty in understanding the things related to the NMAT exam. So, we will help you by providing you with all the details. Know More in this article.
To begin with, the NMAT full form is Management Aptitude Test, which is conducted by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council). Like all the other exam NMAT also has exam has its pattern, syllabus, eligibility, NMAT marking scheme, and also exam fees. NMAT exam is essential to write to get admission to NMIMS University and also many other top universities accept the NMAT exam score.
Then, to write the NMAT exam, the following conditions are essential to pass
- In the first place, You are required to have a Bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate
- Then, also students from the final year of their degree can apply for the NMAT exam.
NMAT Exam Pattern
Now we will discuss an important part of this article that is the NAMT exam paper pattern and also the marking scheme. So, there is a total of 3 sections in the NMAT exam. Namely,
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Logical Reasoning Skills
|Mode||Online – Computer Based Test|
|Duration||120 minutes or 2 hours|
|Nature of Questions||Objective (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||120 questions|
|Total Marks||360 marks|
|Marks Awarded||+3 for every correct answer|
|Negative Marking||no negative marking for the wrong answer|
Then, according to 2021 the time allotted for the NMAT exam is 120 minutes. In that
- Language Skills – 28 minutes
- Quantitative Skills – 52 minutes
- Logical Reasoning – 40 minutes
So, according to the pattern of 2021, the Quantitative Skills section 36 questions, Logical Reasoning 36 questions, and Language Skills 36 questions.
Then, we will have a detailed look at each section in the NMAT paper pattern
Language Skills – NMAT Exam Pattern
In the first place, we have the language skills section. In this section, there will be 36 questions. Then, you are required to complete this section within 28 minutes and move to the other section. The score of this section varies from 12- 120, it depends on the types of questions asked and also how well you have prepared for the exam.
In this section, check your command of the English language which is essential to get admission to B-schools. When compared with the other sections, the time duration for this section is less. So, you need to practice well for this section and you can mock tests, that will surely help. You can prepare well by covering all the basic topics in the section.
Then, next in the NMAT Exam Pattern, we have the Quantitative Section. In this section, there will be 36 questions. Then, the time duration given is 52 minutes. It contains all the basic and advanced topics, so, you need to practice well and also learn some shortcuts to solve the mathematical problems. If you won’t prepare well, it will be difficult for you to complete the question within the given time.
Then, the score of this section ranges from 12-120. You need to prepare well for this section as questions asked are taken from a pool of questions. So, it is a bit difficult, you need to be well versed with all the concepts. Then, the majority of the questions are from the topics of 10th – 12th so, prepare accordingly. It is a scoring section, so it is advised to prepare well.
Lastly, in the NMAT Exam Pattern, we have Logical reasoning. In this section also there will be 36 questions. The score varies from 12-120. Then, the time provided is 40 minutes. Under this section, there are many topics to be covered. So, make sure that you will try to cover all the topics.
NMAT Marking Scheme
Then, check the below table for the NMAT marking scheme 2021. One point to mention, the number of questions and the time varies yearly.
|Subjects||Marks Allotted (Range)||Number of Questions|
- So, each correct answer in the exam carries 3 marks
- Then, coming to NMAT negative marking, it has no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- Once, you complete the particular section, you can’t go back to the same. So, it will be considered as final
Highlights of NMAT exam 2021
Then, now, we will provide quick points on the NMAT exam 2021, you can make a note of them
- In the first place, it is held by GMAC and it is CBT (Computer-Based) mode.
- Then, NMAT 2021 is 88 days, which will start from the first week of July till the last week of October
- In the test window, you can take the exam 3 times (number of attempts). But, there should be a gap of 15 days between the two attempts.
- The exam 2021 will be held online, you can give it from home in proctored mode.
- NMAT paper pattern consists of 108 questions which included all three sections namely Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- All three sections have an equal number of questions i.e 36 and the medium of instructions are in English
- You are allowed to choose the order of the section according to your wish and the movement across the section is not allowed.
- The duration of the test is 120 minutes and there is a time limit for each section.
- There is no negative marking in the exam
- Then, you can easily review the summary of the attempts at the end of each section.
- So, the score of NMAT 2021 will be displayed within 48 hours of the exam
- Lastly, the registration fees for the exam is around 2360 (per attempt) including the taxes.
Conclusion – NMAT Exam Pattern
To conclude, in the article, we have mainly covered the details of the NMAT exam paper pattern. You will detail such as NMAT marking scheme, total marks, negative marking, and other essential details. If you are writing the NMAT exam and facing difficulty in understanding the NMAT total marks and negative marking, by reading the article, your all doubts will be cleared. Then, also take care of all the other things like exam pattern, syllabus, application form, fees, exam dates all such details. Lastly, do your exam well and practice hard to get a good score, all the best.
Note – If you have a plan of writing the CAT exam, understand all the details like exam pattern, syllabus, books, eligibility, exam strategies, and other details. Read More
FAQ – NMAT Exam Pattern
Lastly, below we have provided you with a few FAQs for better understanding.
In the NMAT exam, there will be 108 questions, and the time provided is 120 minutes. Each question carries 3 marks each. NMAT total marks 360.
Well, the NMAT exam is easy to moderate, and then the CAT exam is moderate to difficult.
Generally, the NMAT score ranges between 150 and 200. But, to get admission in the top B-schools the cut-off ranges from 210-250.
Editor’s Note | NMAT Exam Pattern
In brief, in the above article, you will find all the information related to the NMAT exam paper pattern. We all are aware that, there are many things to be taken take care of in any exam. It is essential for one to understand the exam pattern and also the syllabus of the exam. We are making your work easy, by giving all the details related to the NMAT exam pattern, total marks, marking scheme, and also NMAT negative marking. So, we suggest you understand the pattern of the exam well. For this purpose, you can refer previous year question paper and also you can give mock tests. There are many platforms, which provide mock tests, you can try to give them for better understanding.
Nothing is impossible, you can definitely score well in the exam with the right practice. Then, we suggest you make a proper time table and give time to all the sections equally. Also, know everything about the NMAT exam and be updated with the latest information about the exam. Then, we wish you all the best for the NMAT exam, may all your dreams will be fruitful.