To begin with, MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. It is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). This exam is written to get admission to the top business colleges for MBA/PGDM courses. If you already know, there are many MBA entrance exams such as CAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT, CMAT, etc. All these exams come with their own methods and the pattern. So, let us understand the AIMA MAT exam, date, registration, and other important details below.
MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Exam
In the first place, as already mentioned, this exam will help you to get admission to B-schools across India. Then, this exam is written to pursue an MBA. Generally, in MBA we have various streams namely marketing, HR, finance, etc. So, you can choose according to your wish. Then, there are a few colleges that provide the option of dual specialization. So, we suggest you choose the college accordingly.
Then. the MAT test is administrated by AIMA. The exam is conducted four times a year. Then, you can give the exam in three modes namely offline (Paper Based Test), online (Computer Based), and remote proctored (Internet Based) modes. Next, we will give you a brief idea about eligibility. Understand the below points.
- In the first place, you must have completed the graduation in any discipline from any recognised university.
- Then, if you have completed a professional degree like CA, CS, or ICWA also you are eligible to apply for the exam
- Lastly, if you are in the final year of graduation then also you can apply for the exam.
Then, the admission procedure through the MAT exam involves three main steps
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Lastly, Written Ability Test (WAT)
Also, the number round completely depends on the institute as well. So, know the procedure well before the MAT registration process.
MAT Exam Details
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||Multiple times a year|
|Exam Mode||CBT, PBT, and IBT|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|No. of Test Cities||PBT Mode – 54CBT Mode – 31|
Now, we will understand the most important thing in the article, which is AIMA MAT (Management Aptitude Test) registration. Then, we have added the procedure step by step, understand the below points.
- In the first place, visit the official website.
- Then, click on the new user registration (New Login), if you haven’t registered yet.
- Fill in all the details asked such as name, email ID, phone number etc and click on the submit button.
- Later, for verification purpose, you will receive OTP to the registered mobile number.
- Then, you will receive a confirmation message to your registered email ID.
- If you have already registered, then you have to log in by entering the email ID, password, and date of birth and click on the submit button.
- Then, a registration form will open.
- You are required to fill in academic details, personal details and other details like work experience. Make sure that you will enter all the details correctly without making any mistakes so it won’t create problem in the future.
- Along with the above details, you also should choose the exam centre, exam mode.
- Then, upload all the scanned documents asked such as passport size photograph, signature etc.
- Now, you must pay the exam fees either you can choose the online method or the offline method, according to your comfort.
- Lastly, don’t forget to take the print out of the application form. You may need it in the future.
- For the passport size photograph format is JPEG or JPG and file size not more than 100kb and not less than 40 kb
- Then, the signature format is JPEG or JPG and the file size not more than 40kb and not less than 10kb. The signature must be done on white paper with a black pen.
Documents Required for AIMA MAT
Then, check out the below documents. We suggest you keep all the documents ready before filling the application form.
- Graduation mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Date of birth certificate
- If you have work experience even keep your experience letter
- Lastly, Credit card/debit card/internet banking details
MAT Exam Application Fee
Then, below in the table find the details of the exam fees according to the different exam modes.
|Paper-Based Test (PBT)||Rs. 1650/-|
|Computer Based Test (CBT)||Rs. 1650/-|
|Both PBT & CBT||Rs. 2750/-|
|Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)||Rs. 1650/-|
- Internet Based Test (IBT)
- Paper Based Test (PBT)
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
As already mentioned above either you can pay through the online method or the offline method
- For online payment, you can pay through the credit card, debit card or net banking
- Then, the offline payment can be done through Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “All India Management Association”, payable at Delhi from any bank.
How to download MAT Exam Admit Card?
Then, know the steps to download the admit card
- In the first place, visit the official website.
- Then, click on the download and choose the option MAT to admit card
- Enter the details such as Application Number, DOB and the registered Email ID and click on the submit button.
- Lastly, check the details mentioned on the admit card and download the admit card.
Details included on the Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Application form number
- Examination date
- Time of Exam
- Venue of Examination
- Roll number of candidate
- Picture of candidate
- Signature of candidate
- Examination Centre code
- Lastly, there will be general instruction related to the examination
Documents Required with the Admit Card
Then, along with the admit card, you have to carry other documents to the exam hall. So, check out the list of documents below.
- For the identity proof
- PAN card
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
AIMA MAT Exam Dates
If you are already aware the MAT Exam is conducted 4 times every year in February, May, September, and December.
Then, now important MAT exam dates below. MAT exam 2021 was announced on March 30. So, below are the dates for the May session.
|MAT 2021 Events||MAT 2021 Dates|
|Last date of MAT registration||PBT: 24-May-2021|
|MAT admit card download||PBT: 26-May-2021|
|MAT 2021 May-June exams||PBT: 30-May-2021|
To conclude, in the article, you will find the details of the AIMA MAT (Management Aptitude Test) exam. Then, we have mainly focused on the MAT exam registration, exam date, and other important details. You will find the step-by-step procedure to fill the application form. Along with that, we have added the documents required for filling the application form and also documents to be carried for the exam center. Then, we have added the important MAT exam dates. So, if you have a plan of writing the MAT exam, this article will surely help you in filling the application form and understanding the exam fees and other important details. Lastly, we wish you all the best for the MAT exam, do well.
Note – For details of other MBA entrance exams like CAT, GMAT, XAT, NMAT, CMAT. Then, we have added all the information such as syllabus, pattern, books, and other details as well. Read More
FAQs – MAT Exam
Then, below find a few FAQs for a better understanding.
For the exam center, you are required to carry the admit card, ID proof, and also MAT 2021 Test Instructions.
As already mentioned, generally, the exam is conducted four times in a year, February, May, September, and December. So, you can appear for the exam multiple times. Then, your latest score on the exam is considered.
Yes, the MAT exam score is accepted by more than 600 colleges in India. So, you can give the exam and choose the college according to your score and the requirements.
Editor’s Note | MAT Exam
In brief, in the above article, you will find the details of the MAT exam. Then, mainly, we have focused on the MAT registration, exam date, admit card details. Generally, like all the other exams, even the MAT exam it’s own procedure. So, if you have a plan of writing the exam, you will step by step registration details in the article. Then, also find documents required for the exam and some important points. MAT scores are accepted by many colleges so it is better to understand which are the colleges accept the MAT score and also what is the admission procedure. Generally, all colleges will be having a different procedure. So, if you understand the procedure well before it will save your time.
Then, to get admission in the top B-schools getting a good score is equally important. Therefore, we suggest to study hard and also prepare well for the exam. Lastly, we wish you good luck with the MAT exam.